ISH CERTIFICATE “DOCKER SECURITY & (SEC) DEVOPS”
DELIVERY: CLASSROOM // DURATION: 3 DAYS
Docker, Microservices, Kubernetes, DevOps, Continuous Integration/ Deployment/Delivery, Container — all of those terms heavily dominate modern application development teams and processes. This course will explain all of the mentioned terms and focus on the following main questions:
- How strong and reliable are the isolation capabilities of Docker/Linux/OS containers?
- How do containers affect typical application and network architectures?
- Which changes are introduced by the CI/CD/Microservice paradigm into traditional development environments?
- How does a typical CI/CD pipeline look?
- How can ”security“ be integrated into these new development/architecture paradigms?
- What additional attack surface and security challenges are introduced by the changed development landscape and additional tools?
All agenda topics will be supported by practical exercises and/or demos. At the end of the course, each attendee will have an automated environment where code changes can be deployed to staged hosting environments while being covered by various functional and/or security-related tests. The attendees will also know the concept behind the main buzzwords and tools described above and understand how they impact application architectures, development, and security posture.
|May 28 – 30, 2018||Munich Airport||German/English||tbd.||€ 1.990,- €|
|Jul 09 – 11, 2018||Munich Airport||German/English||tbd.||€ 1.990,- €|
|Jul 23 – 25, 2018||Munich Airport||German/English||tbd.||€ 1.990,- €|
|Sep 11 – 13, 2018||Munich Airport||German/English||tbd.||€ 1.990,- €|
IT Security Professionals who want to
- understand the technology behind the recent and common buzzwords listed above
- be able to evaluate the isolation capabilities of container solutions
- get ideas on how to integrate security into typical DevOps environments and continuous workflows
Software Architects and Developers who want to
- learn about potential security vulnerabilities in common practices and tools
- understand the concerns of the security people
- improve their development chain by adding automated security checks
- Due to the large amount of tools and technologies, this training will not be able to cover security aspects of every single technology in detail. However, we’re happy to receive specific questions before the course begins to potentially prepare additional material and you will get an overview of how to approach un known/new technologies from a security perspective.
IT security professionals, software architects and developers
Day 1, DevOps Technology Basics:
- What are DevOps & Microservices?
- Competitors / Technology overview (Docker, rkt, LXC, Windows Containers)
- Docker Ecosystem Overview (Docker Engine, containerd, runC, OCI)
- Docker Management
- Container & Images:
- Docker build process
- Docker run process
- Basic Networking
- Docker Compose: File reference and structure
- Docker Compose Services
- Docker Machine
- Docker Registries (Docker Registry, Nexus, Artifactory, et. al.)
- Docker Swarm:
- Overlay & Advanced Networking
- Application Stacks
- Rolling Upgrades
- Persistence Approaches
- Monitoring + Logging
Day 2, Container Management & Security
- Container Management Solutions Overview:
- Marathon/ Mesos / DC/OS
- Rancher / Cattle / RancherOS
- Kubernetes Architecture:
- Cluster Management Mechanisms
- Network Plugin Infrastructure
- Detailed Overview of Contrail, Calico/Canal/Flannel, OpenVSwitch, Weave
- Security Analysis, Attack surface and known attacks for:
- OS Container in general
- Docker & Docker Swarm
- Hardening (including attack surface reduction, secure management, access control) of:
- Linux Containers
- Docker Swarm
- Kubernetes Day 3, Security Archtecture & Integration
- Security and Sample Architecture of:
- Docker Swarm
- Supporting components (such as Registries and Distributed Configuration Management Systems)
- Integration of Security into agile/DevOps development and deployment processes:
- Secrets Management
- Container Vulnerability Management
- Architecture Analysis
- Continuous Integration/Deployment pipelines
PRE-REQUISITE FOR COURSE REGISTRATION
The attendees should have basic knowledge of the Linux bash and a command line-based text editor (e.g. nano or vim), a system with WLAN and an SSH client (i.e. PuTTY) which is able to connect via SSH to systems in the Internet. For the exercises, we provide the needed infrastructure in a cloud environment which the attendees can connect to via SSH.
Register here for this training:
- Daten aus Formularen und Webseiten-Tracking können von uns zur Analyse gespeichert werden
- Die Daten können zur Optimierung der Webseite ausgewertet werden. Das ermöglicht es uns, besser zu verstehen, wo das Interesse unserer Besucher liegt. Wir benutzen primär Hubspot für dieses Tracking (mehr dazu finden Sie in der Erklärung auf unserer Datenschutzseite, siehe unten)
- Wir geben Ihre Daten nicht an Dritte weiter. Im Rahmen von Veranstaltungen, an denen Sie teilnehmen möchten, kann es nötig sein, dass Ihre Daten an Vertragspartner übermittelt werden.
Weitere Details dazu, was wir mit den Daten tun und nicht tun finden Sie auf unserer Datenschutzseite, oder schreiben Sie mich bei Fragen direkt an!